Friday, August 1, 2008

Puzzles

So I started the Mt. Rainier puzzle a couple of days ago. I got it out and Ben decided he needed to help. So he sat on my lap and tried to eat 2 pieces. Once he figured out that wasn't going to fly, he found a fun game of drop 2 pieces on the floor, pick them up and put them on the table, and get back up to mom's lap. This was a fun, exciting game for him and it went on quite a while. I had a sore back and very slow progress. Once I started getting chunks of the outside together, Ben decided he had to pull them apart. As any good mom would do, I finally gave him a couple of inside pieces and started throwing them a bit farther from the table so it would take him longer. At one point he tried to run away with them. That was enough of that. Yesterday I went back to the puzzle while he was otherwise occupied, but he again found me and had to help. By now I had started on a section inside. This time he had to help by putting the pieces back into the box-the exact ones I was working with. I tried to give him others but he somehow knew exactly which ones I wanted out. When he tried dumping the box, it was time to quit. Needless to say, puzzles just aren't the same with children around.

1 comment:

Sherilyn -Dominee Huisvrouw said...

I think it's pretty safe to say that NOTHING is the same when kids are around. Leisure time is VERY different. I fond sometimes that I am eager to get Asher off to bed just so I can watch a certain show or read my book.