Friday, October 31, 2008

What To Do

As I sit in my dungeon, er, basement, waiting for work, I am thinking of the things I could be doing, should be doing, and would rather be doing. Sleep is at the top of my list and I believe could fall into all 3 categories. Ben just went down for his nap and I'm thinking how nice it would be to get my banky and my stuffed animals and sleep. I just have to note, I love how easily he goes to nap in the morning (afternoon can be a different story). He was getting crabby, so we went upstairs, found his blanket in the living room where he dragged it earlier, and he picked it up and walked to his crib and waited for me to put him in. I can only pray the rest of his life he's such an easy kid.

Anyway, I think my "nesting" phase is over. I think I've done all I can to rid this place of junk, as some of it really does have to stay. I never did get to my basement shelves, but as I look at them now, I don't have the ambition. And I would just be putting stuff in boxes only to leave it where it currently sits. That's a project for next spring.

I now have the urge to start packing a little suitcase for Ben in case we need to rush him to someone's house, packing my bag for the hospital. I'm ready to set up the Pack n' Play even though Jon can do that while I'm in the hospital. I think I would scare him if he came home and found a suitcase by the door, so I will refrain.

And now we wait.

No comments: