Monday, June 23, 2008

A Few Firsts

Ben had his first pool experience on Friday (just a little kiddie pool). He was less than thrilled about the whole experience. He cried for a bit and then took a nose dive out of the pool. I then sat him back down and sat right next to him outside the pool. He soon became contented when he found some rubbery fun thing to suck on, but he refused to sit down. I have no happy pictures of this event. We'll try again on Friday.

Ben has now found the joy of going up stairs. Just 4 of them, and he hasn't tried it again. The stairs in our house are not really on his way to anywhere so it's not a big temptation for him. As little as a month ago, I was okay with him just crawling. I have decided in the last few days that he needs to start walking very soon. Towards the end of my pregnancy with Ben, I got winded very easily. Thankfully that was after our Indonesia trip where I climbed countless numbers of steps. I am finding that it's already happening this pregnancy, especially while carrying Ben up the stairs. I suppose this could be alerting me to something more seriously wrong with me, but that's for another day. So I have decided it would be in my best interest to have him walking quite soon. I'm sure he would enjoy it, too.

I finally made it to the library Friday. I am allowed 2 books at a time as I am not a citizen of Washington state, but I was going nuts without a book to read. (It's tough when a trip to town is a major event in your week.) I can only do so many logic puzzles that I don't actually have the logic for. I read my first book on Saturday as we did basically nothing all day. It was quite enjoyable.

We are doing an all-day trip Saturday to random spots Jon has chosen, one of them being the Columbia Gorge. He has Sunday off, so he will be able to relax a bit this weekend. Hopefully we will have some good pictures to post next week. These trips are rather fun for me. He plans it, tells me where we're going, and I get myself and the boy ready to go.

It's unfortunate Ben is not old enough to enjoy the things we are seeing this summer. Hopefully some day we will be able to come back and enjoy them with all of our children.

2 comments:

Sherilyn -Dominee Huisvrouw said...

Congratulations! I didn't know you were pregnant again! When are you due?

Anonymous said...

Due Nov. 30. Time goes much faster having one already, don't you think? Keeps me busy.