Monday, May 24, 2010

Summer Sickness

A week or so after all my boys got over their various infections, I found myself with a cough, sore throat, and headache. I made a trip to my doctor last week Tuesday and threw in an OB appointment to boot. I came out of there with a satisfactory report on the pregnancy but a prescription for antibiotics. That afternoon I started to get congested, so now I'm finishing up my drugs but battling a cold and that pesky cough. I hope this is it for the sickness for all of us this summer.

In other news, Kris and Angie came to visit Friday night, along with Angie's baby Grace. The boys loved having Grace around. I hope they're just as excited when our baby comes. The girls stayed most of Saturday. We had a good time catching up and doing absolutely nothing. It was a nice weekend.

Jon surprised us this morning with a little pool, so we threw on the boys' trunks after lunch and they spent an enjoyable time outside. It's cooking in the 90s with very high humidity. I'm quite enjoying my air conditioning this afternoon.

We're excited to have our first lettuce out of the garden tonight. BLTs are on the menu-it's way too hot to be running the oven today.

I am off to enjoy my last bit of quiet before the boys wake up.

No comments: