Saturday, June 5, 2010

Sun and Rain

We have jumped into summer with a few dips in the little pool. We've had lots of rainy days alternating with hot, humid days. Our garden is growing nicely. We've been chowing down on lettuce and are looking forward to the rest of our produce.

I have restarted potty training Ben. I think it's going better than before, but some days I wonder. We just keep plugging away at it. I'm hoping to make some good progress before the baby is born. Ben loves singing songs. He learns new words every day and he talks an awful lot.

Finn is learning new words, too. He jabbers a lot. He is learning lots of naughty things from his brother but also by himself. Finn is definitely an independent baby. He knows what he wants and gets his point across one way or another. He is currently obsessed with garbage. He follows Ben's lead on a lot of things, such as throwing his diaper away and putting his jammies away in the morning.

The boys play very well together most days. It's fun to watch them interact. Ben still gets frustrated that Fifi doesn't always do what Ben wants him to, but it's getting better now that Finn can understand more.

Baby is doing well. I am at 2-week checkups, and yesterday was another good report. Baby is positioned correctly, and I told the doc we're ready to go. Unfortunately we are only at 32+ weeks. I'm keeping busy enough that it's going fast, though.

I'm finishing up painting Finn's future headboard and footboard. I figured I should get that done now because I may not find time when we're ready to put him in a bed. Then our only chore is to find a mattress for him.

Tonight we are attending sauerkraut days. Ackley is about 8 miles away from us. It should be a fun time.

No comments: