Sunday, February 5, 2012

I really could have sworn that I blogged at least once in January, but apparently that is not so. I remember sitting down one night, and then someone called and I never got to it, I guess.

We've gotten one good snow in the last few weeks. The parking lot was cleaned out and made for a big hill for the kids to climb on and sled down. We enjoyed plodding all over the empty lot across the street one morning, which also made for a great nap day for Leah. The snow is mostly gone now after a couple of beautiful, warm days. Our snowmen slowly melted and the sticks are left laying on the ground. The kids got to play in the sandbox on February 2. Not too many times I could say that.

Jon was at a conference last week, which left the kids and I to contend with each other. They did very well and it was only from tiredness that Ben had a couple of breakdowns. It helped to go outside, and Tuesday we went with a friend to the play area at a mall and out to eat. That definitely broke up the time. It was great when Daddy came home on Thursday, though. The kids were all very happy to see him, as was I.

On Saturday I went to Dordt College for their annual Day of Encouragement with a few members of our congregation. We all enjoyed our sessions and each took home knowledge, ideas, and tools we will use, for church or in our personal lives.

Baby is doing well. I had another good doctor visit on Friday. We are at 25+ weeks and I am very thankful for a healthy pregnancy. The boys are anxious for spring when the baby will come. I've told the boys that baby can hear them, so Finn likes to lift up my shirt and talk to my belly. Apparently baby told Finn today that he will come in the spring, so it's official now. It really is going fast, and I suppose we need to start talking about names before time completely gets away from us. We also have to make decisions on room arrangements, probably sooner rather than later, just in case baby comes early like Leah did. There's always something to do.

It's bedtime now. Have a great week!

No comments: