Thursday, February 23, 2012

We finally got a real snow tonight, possibly lasting into tomorrow morning. The boys wanted to go out as soon as it started snowing. It's been a nice, peaceful snow with big flakes and it's kind of nice to see everything white. It's been wet and muddy out. Though I also can't complain that the kids have spent a few days riding their little cars and trikes and playing in the sandbox this month. It's just been an odd winter.

In other news, Leah is starting to talk a lot more. She loves her Sesame Street characters and seems to be learning them quickly. Ben didn't watch a lick of TV at this age because he hung out with me while I worked. Maybe I'm just lazy. But hey, they could be watching worse things, and I think the boys are actually learning from Sesame Street. She's more and more girl and definitely has a little attitude. She keeps up pretty well with her brothers-gotta do whatever they do.

I have also started potty training with Leah. She loves to sit on the potty and is my most eager learner. I thought I'd give it a shot, even though she's only 19 months, and I'm just gonna stay with it (given her enthusiasm) and hope for some good progress before this baby comes. I feel like I've been in potty training mode for 2 years and I hope I have ambition for the 4th one. Don't they just train themselves after a while?

We're looking forward to a couple nights in a motel coming up. This is our "winter vacation." The boys are looking forward to swimming and riding in the glass elevator, not necessarily in that order. We're getting together with Jon's family to celebrate a milestone birthday of his dad and I think we're all ready to get out of the house for a couple of days.

Have a good weekend!

No comments: