Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Here We Go

I've been back to work for a bit here and I'm trying to keep the peace while I work in the mornings and Jon is off to school. Ben no longer takes morning naps and Finn's not yet on a feeding schedule during the day. It has been an interesting week so far. Monday things were going well. Finn was in his seat and Ben was happily trying to poke him in the head with something when I got my first job. As soon as it came up, Finn started screaming because he decided he was hungry. Ben walked over to the stairs and started yelling. As I struggled to hear my dictation, I could only laugh. Doesn't it figure? And isn't this the joy of parenthood? Two kids with very healthy lungs. Just when everything is going well...

As I write this, Ben is cruising his brother around the basement in his bouncy seat. A bit ago he brought Finn around the corner by the stairs where I couldn't see and left him there, then proceeded to come and sit on my lap.

I think Ben really loves his brother. He likes to try to share his cup and his toys. He also likes to help rock and burp Finn. He's such a big help, but just not in a very gentle manner.

It's exciting to see what the future will bring for these two. I think we're off on a great adventure!

No comments: