Monday, March 9, 2009

Children Conspire

People have talked about it, but I have now been a victim of my children conspiring against me. I don't care how young they are, it happens.

Thursday night Ben woke up crying. Jon checked on him and he actually looked to be sleeping yet. So Jon came back to bed. A while later it happened again, so Jon gave him some ibuprofen since he's teething, and Ben settled down. It happened a third time, and I got up to get him some Orajel. He had his blanket in hand and was ready to get out, so I just took him to rock him. Out in the living room, he started talking and looking around. A couple of times he went to lay in different spots on the floor. I finally took him to the couch to lay down with him. After finally finding a comfortable spot, he lay quiet for a while. Just as I thought he was asleep, he opened his eyes and let out this yell like he was being hurt. I asked if he was ready for nigh-nigh, and he put his arms around me. He didn't wake up after that. So there went an hour of sleep. I got back to bed about 2:00.

Then about 4:45, my darling little Finn, who has been sleeping through the night for almost a week, decides he needs to eat a bit. While that only took half an hour, my night was pretty much shot.

These two may be my biggest challenge in life, and they're not even 2. I have a long road ahead.