Friday, March 27, 2009

Just When You Thought The Potatoes Were Safe...

...Strucky has locksed again. (10 points to name the movie)

A couple days ago I bought a 5-pound bag of potatoes and used a few. I dutifully put the little plastic tie thing back on so junior couldn't get in it. Yesterday I went upstairs to grab my water and Ben started dragging the potato sack, stopping in the middle of the living room. I figured he couldn't get in, and he had worked so hard to pull it, I just left him there. A few minutes later I hear a thunk, thunk, thunk and something landing down here. Sure enough, he had ripped a hole in the potato sack, had taken the bag 2 or 3 stairs down, and was sitting there throwing potatoes down the stairs. (Many other things have made a trip down the stairs, but not food.) Thankfully he only managed 2 throws and had 1 in his hand ready. So I grabbed the potatoes and put them on the counter for the time being. I'm hoping he forgets about them for a while, because I really don't have a good place for them out of his reach, which, by the way, seems to be growing daily. It was kind of hard not to laugh because it was probably a lot of fun, but I didn't relish the thought of picking up 40 potatoes.

1 comment:

SirGregg said...

Strucky has locksed again - this is from Mel Brooks' "Robin Hood - Men in Thights", said by Sheriff of Rothingham ;)