Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Say What?

Ben has become quite the little imitator, which I guess is how kids learn words. When he hands me things, he now says dadoo (thank you) to me, and especially loves giving me random things when I'm feeding Finn. He says down (we go downstairs) and die for both light and cry. Usually it's quite clear which one he means. He says bottie for bottle. We were saying oh man this morning. That's close to amen, which he does with a southern accent-amayn. He will say all duh for all done and hand me his bowl when he's finished.

He is stealing spatulas out of the drawer. He just sticks his hand in and grabs, or off the counter if he strikes at supper time. He is currently sucking the trickling pop out of a can that he just damaged. He likes to pretend to drink out of things, but I thought he was making an unusual noise. Sure enough, the pop is very slowly seeping out. I guess I better take care of that instead of writing. He also has a couple cans on the swing. I guess it's nap time for them.

Ben has also decided he's big enough to go down the stairs like adults. He just puts his hand on the wall and starts going. He has tried going up that way with the railing, but he's just not tall enough. Like a good mom, I just turn my eyes and hope he doesn't fall. Should I be giving him a learning curve with stairs?

As for the little one, he is now sleeping pretty much through the night. He would probably sleep longer except for all the noise when the rest of us get up. Ben is usually concerned about baby when he gets up and has to see Finn, and he's certainly not quiet about it. Finn is trying to figure out his nap schedule during the day. I think he's transitioning to 2 naps, but it's a work in progress.

Since it's been a while, just a quick update for us. Jon started his last quarter this week. I think it was a bit odd for him not to have to worry about filling out forms and thinking about summer assignments and fall quarters. We're already making plans for graduation and after. Seminary has definitely gone fast and we got 2 kids and some good friends out of the deal.

I am still working in the mornings. Ben takes 1 afternoon nap, so I like to try to get something done or just relax. Lately it's been spending good quality time with Finn or trying to get him to sleep.

I need to get some food into Ben before he crashes. I'll try to get a few pictures posted this afternoon.

No comments: